Thursday, 7 April 2011

My candidature in the Local Elections

This morning I handed in my nomination papers and I am now on the ballot for the Abbey DEA in the Local Elections in North Down. Despite being a relative 'unknown' and without the backing of a party behind me I feel that I have every chance and look forward to the challenge of my first election. Press release and picture of myself, Town Clerk Trevor Polley and my election agent and Father in Law, Tommy Hill below.


Ed Simpson has today confirmed he has entered the race to be elected as a councillor representing the Bangor Abbey district on North Down Borough Council. After confirming his candidature with the Town Clerk, Trevor Polley, Mr Simpson said:

“I have decided to run in these Local Elections because after years of criticising politicians, and politics in general, from the sidelines, I felt that it was time to actually get involved in the process and try to effect change from within.

I think it’s time for a new generation of councillors who are focused on getting the most out of our rates and who have the required skills and experience as opposed to just being rewarded with a council seat for party loyalty.

I want to use my background in driving down costs and waste in business to help our council deliver efficient and effective services so that we can get the most out of our resources and apply them to the areas where they are really needed, such as the Anti-Social Behaviour teams or improving our shared spaces.

By voting for me, the people of North Down can help to ensure that the errors and misjudgements we have all been frustrated by, are consigned to the past and that North Down Borough Council becomes a by word for excellence in service”

Mr Simpson, 31, is married to Louise and has two children, Alex 5 and Poppy 3 and comes from a 15 year career in Business & Finance Administration.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! You seem a decent sort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I hope the public agree with you!

    ReplyDelete